Welcome to Year 6 - our final year in primary school, full to the brim with exciting learning opportunities as well as preparation for those important key events including the 11+, SATs and transition to secondary school.
Mr Morgan is our teacher and our teaching assistants are Mrs Taylor and Mrs Blanchard.
Projects, with Cornerstones Projects forming the backbone of our foundation subject work, a wide variety of exciting projects have been selected to develop and enhance our learning throughout the year ensuring progression and coverage of National Curriculum objectives.
- Frozen Kingdoms: focuses on the polar regions of our planet - from the geography and history of the Arctic and Antarctic to adventure stories, reports and poems.
- Britain at War: takes us on a journey back in time to World Wars I and II, driven by the causes, events and consequences. We will explore the legacy of these significant times through narratives and true stories.
- Blood Heart: where we take a 'hands on' approach to learning about the heart, blood and the circulatory system as well as the importance of keeping healthy.
- Hola Mexico!: involves exploring the country of Mexico, from its towering temples and stunning geography to its pulsing rhythms and fun festivals. We also discover the mysterious world of the ancient Maya civilisation.
- Darwin's Delights: takes us on an exciting expedition with Charles Darwin and the HMS Beagle to find out all about the evolution and classification of different species of plants and animals. We visit the Natural History Museum in London to enrich our learning.
- Revolution: provides us with the experience of a victorian classroom and an insight into the ingenious inventors from this period in time.
We like to make use of our amazing outdoor areas whenever we can especially for PE which is also part of our weekly timetable along with Music, RE, PSHE and French ... à bientôt.
Click below to see the exciting learning we have planned for this half term: